WHAT IS ASME?
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers is an international organization that works to promotes the art, science & practice of mechanical & multidisciplinary engineering, and allied sciences around the globe.
ASME STUDENT SECTION
The ASME student section is dedicated to promoting the values of the national ASME organization, and to provide a community building and career development for Mechanical Engineering students at the University of Minnesota. As part of this goal, we offer social and professional development events, industry presentations, community service opportunities, scholarships and much, much more. Check out our events calendar for more information!
BECOMING A MEMBER
To be involved at a national level, you can register on the ASME National website. There is a discounted, annual student rate of $25. With a national membership you will be able to:
- Get involved with professionals around the area at numerous networking events that happen around the year
- Have access to numerous ASME exclusive scholarships
- Participate in national competitions and conferences
- Get access to ASME's database of research information
- Receive free subscription of Mechanical Engineering magazine
- And much more!
To be involved in ASME at the University of Minnesota, join our mailing list, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, and come to our events! We have monthly general meetings, section design competitions, and volunteer opportunities.
Check out our calendar for upcoming events.